Monday, January 30, 2017

Review: Holiday Beaus; A Mockingbird Place Christmas Novella by Kris Cook


It’s this beautiful time of the year where everything revolves around Christmas, the celebration of Love. What’s better to start this beloved season as with a heartwarming Christmas Novella from one of your favorite authors? There hadn’t been a day this week where I didn’t get myself one or two of new Christmas releases. While still musing which one to read first, it’s been pretty clear after this surprise release from Kris Cook who won the race.

This wonderful written Christmas tale had been very different from the other books of the series. It was a very light and joyful read, just perfect for this first weekend in Advent. Well, sure there had been a little misunderstanding at the beginning and the green eyed monster also showed its presence, but other than that there had been no drama; I’d say quite the contrary. If you are a hopeless romantic and believe in Love at first sight, you sure will love this book as much as I do. This story sneaked its way in my heart and I’m sure it will stay there for quite a while!

Here we have the same problem as we have with every other book in the series, I just didn’t want for it to end! Even though almost every Character from the series is involved in this wonderful story it can also be read as a Standalone. For me one of the biggest highlights was to find out that this series will get a new playground for the author! I don’t know if Cardinal Gardens will be a Spin Off or simply more Apartments for the fast growing Mockingbird Place residents and guess that just time will tell. I’m just happy to know that there will be more and more and more! For now I’m satisfied with knowing that Nicco will be the next in line for this hopefully well-deserved HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment